Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Improving...

Put in a little practice today with the delta hog mold. I purchased some additional colorant and flakes as well so I wanted to work on some recipes for popular colors that have worked well for me in the past.

Recipe: watermelon
4oz. Plastisol
16 drops watermellon
1 drop black
Green flake

I was quite happy with the results of this recipe, and actually the first shit filled completely and molded nice. I noticed the color was a little on the light side for my likening, so I added 5 more drops of watermelon and 5 more drops of black. This really darkened the worm closer to what I wanted to see.

I was able to mold 7 worms and 2 grubs with only 4 ounces of plastisol.

I do need make some improvements to the hand injector nozzle and the sprue on the mold. I have a taper on the inside of the nozzle and the plunger of the injector is flat. This is not going to work in a production scenario. After each shot, the are in between the plunger and the taper would hold the plastic and it would cool clogging the injector. The plunger and the taper are going to have to shut off to keep this from happening. The front of the nozzle needs to be changed as well, I want to create a taper instead of the straight diameter and redesign the sprue on the mold to match this taper. This should improve the overall molding process.


No comments:

Post a Comment