Friday, November 4, 2011

Very busy

Haven't had a lot of time to post anything the last couple of weeks, but better late than never. I made a small modification to the plunger in my hand injector and was very eager to try it out. I made a taper on the plunger to match the taper in the backside of the nozzle so that the plunger would shut off on the nozzle so that there would not be a space there for the plastic to cool and cause me to have to clear this obstruction after each shot.

I also was able to complete my design for a 3 cavity 2 piece injection mold for my "SENKO" worm. A 6" worm that we hook weedless when fishing in the delta, that the big bass love,

I decided to try a recipe called
"La craw".

8oz liquid plastic
30 drops
3 drops red
Blue, red, and copper flake to taste

I really liked they way this color turned out, and I was very happy with the outcome overall. I started with a little more plastic this time, because I wanted to practice my technique more and also wanted to produce a few more worms since I knew I was going to get a chance to fish this week. I wanted to get some on eBay also.

Went fishing with one of my oldest friends, Brian, it was good to see him out on the water both of us enjoying one of our most favorite hobbies. He has been going through some tough times lately, but he is always positive and keeps moving forward. Things can only get better for you Brian, keep our head up bud. ❤

The weather did not cooperate with us, 30-40 mph winds made it very difficult to fish. However we did catch 3 fish on spinnerbaits and 1 on a worm, overall it was a very brutal day of fishing.

Below are the pictures of the new mold , the new worm, the "Delta hog" in this new color, and in the water in the delta.



1 comment:

  1. AHHH that stinks the weather didnt cooperate. Kinda hard to catch anything with hurricane winds ) :

    ReplyDelete