Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I love the Delta

After getting skunked the week before soaking bait in the Suisun sloughs trying to catch a big striper, my father and I tried to redeem ourselves Tuesday morning in the delta.

The day started very slow, the tide was very low and still going out me we got on the water at 730am. We hit a couple of the usual spots with no success, we even tried a couple random spots, also with no luck, but I was convinced the low/slack tide was to blame for the slow fishing. We decided to return to a very familiar spot for me, a spot we call "the rock wall". It is a very long stretch of riprap bank of the deep water channel.

Soon as we got to this spot, the tide changed and was on its way in. Also the water clarity was totally different in a good way. Second cast with a 3/4 ounce "RAT-L-TRAP" produced a nice little black bass, and our spirits we instantly raised when a second black bass smashed a spinner bait in about 5 foot of water just 2 casts later. This rock wall was definitely the ticket today. We ended up catching 4 decent black bass, 1 keeper striper, and get this a very nice salmon. What an awesome day it ended up being.

I also got a little work in today and poured a bunch of delta hogs and sinkos in a new color, motor oil with red flake. I messed with the recipe a little by adding some green color to darker it a little. Below are the results.

I hope to have a new craw mold finished this week and some new worms on the market soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment