Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Design

Working on a new design today, this is a pretty popular worm in the California delta called the "Brush Hog" made by Zoom baits. I personally have never fished it before but I hear a lot of chatter about it from fisherman I talk to at the launch ramp.

This type of bait is "flipped" into to the weeds or tullies during slack tide situations when the fish are not very active. Or fished "Texas rigged", with a small bullet weight or even no weight, depending on the wind conditions, on the rip-rap banks.

This will be my first 2-piece mold, I will try to incorporate some of my knowledge of thermo-plastic injection mold design that I learned while building ceramic and thermo-plastic molds for Wunder-Mold Inc.

Here is an image of the CAD/CAM design that I will use to generate the CNC code to machine the acrylic.


Wish  me luck.....

2 comments: